Trending

WATCH: Brgy. Ginebra Practice [June 22, 2021]

The eyed July opening of PBA Season 46 is now on the table for discussion of members of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF).

The PBA Commissioner’s Office submitted its position papers Monday, and the IATF had its quick reply, saying the PBA plan has been calendared in the matters up for discussion in the special government body’s next meeting.

“So we have to be ready as we may be called to be heard anytime soon,” said PBA commissioner Willie Marcial, hopeful they may now be allowed to hold a second tournament after their Clark bubble last year.

The PBA portfolio submitted to the IATF – addressed to co-chairmen Secretary Francisco Duque of the Department of Health and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles – includes a nine-page roll of protocols that the league intends to implement in the planned Philippine Cup.

“We presented the success of the last all-Filipino tourney where we’re able to protect the integrity of the bubble. And we also cited the ongoing team practices and scrimmages where COVID cases have been minimal to none,” said Marcial.

If they get the nod of the IATF, the PBA intends to hold the Season 46 Philippine Cup either at the Ynares Arena in Pasig or Ynares Center in Antipolo.

As they await the IATF resolution, PBA ball clubs continue to train outside the NCR Plus.

Get involved!

Comments

No comments yet
Back to top button